Friday, May 1, 2009

Week 3

Good news for this week! After not losing anything last week, the Dr. altered my diet to intake more calories and this week I lost 4 lbs.! Amazing!
My goal this last week was to get out and do more activity. We rode bikes on Saturday, we bought bushes to plant in our front yard, and we mowed/fertilized our lawn. I also cleaned my house for about 6 hours and scrubbed, on my hands and knees, every tile in my house. Man were my arms stiff the next day.
I did cheat and go out for sushi, but my stomach had shrunk so much that I could barely fit one roll in! I also had a can of green beans one night, I know, I'm horrible. The thing is with this program its not junk food you miss. Its the good things that you miss like fruits and vegetables, chicken and salmon. Its not forever I tell myself at every meal. I will post a picture next week!
16 weeks to go!

4 comments:

Mom Johnson said...

Good for you! Just have to go one day at a time! I'll be excited to see a picture next week. Hope you're feeling good--I'm proud of you!! Goes without saying that I love you.
Mom

Mary said...

Let's see, according to my math, you have lost 15 lbs on this new program. Terrific! However, doesn't that mean that the dreaded 16 lb mark that you mentioned in your first blog is coming up. I really think you'll be able to push through it this time. You're so committed, and loaded with "stick-to-it-of-ness". I'm totally impressed.

A can of green beans?? You mean you ate 50 calories worth of green beans?? Shame. Shame. The punishment is 6 lashes or 6 hours cleaning tile. You pick. Oh, you already did.

Ryan and Jen Johnson said...

Nice work Carrie! If the only bad thing I ate was a can of green beans, Jen would be extatic. You are inspiring me to try and get back to the gym and eat more healthy foods.

Carolyn Hansen said...

Good job Carrie. I wanted to tell you that both my Mom and Dad did opti-fast nearly 20 years ago and lost all of their weight. Your green bean story made me laugh because I distinctly remember my Mom getting the talking to for eating a pear! You can do it (and already are)! Keep it up!