Friday, May 22, 2009

Week 6

This week I was fortunate enough to catch a super awesome debilitating cold. It put a bit of a damper on the major weight loss, but I still managed to pull off 2 pounds without any gym time. I will take it, a loss is a loss!

What a boring life I lead with nothing to talk about except weight loss! We are trying to be more interesting I promise.

Dustin got a promotion about a month ago to a Foreman. This was a surprise considering all the layoffs that are going on right now in the oil field industry. We are hoping that this is an indication that his job is secure with his company. We are thankful that we have jobs right now with the economy the way it is. Dustin's boss is the Rifle Stake President and we are blessed to both be working for members of the church. With this promotion means that Rifle may became our new home sometime in the next 5 years. For those of you who don't know where Rifle is, its about an hour east of Grand Junction on the way to Denver and about the size of Richfield, Utah. We're going to have to buy some four wheelers and start using them as cars with a town so small. I swore I would never live somewhere that was smaller than where I already am, but I guess you can never say never.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday. I miss not being close to the Orem and Spanish Fork cemetery, and not being able to decorate the headstones. It has been one of my favorite things to do since I was young. Every memorial day I think of all the amazing family I've lost, but will be re-united with soon enough. I know they watch over me today and feel there presence in my life. Garrit and Tyler, I will be waiting to hear how old the oldest head stone in Spanish Fork Cemetery is. Look high and low no stone unturned. I love you guys!

13 weeks to go !

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love reading your blog no matter what it's about! You have great voice as a writer. Congrats on the 2 lbs -- like you say, a loss is a loss.

Mom Johnson said...

Miss having you here too! Hope you have a better week next week--looking forward to Phoenix Road (plane) trip and the end of school!!!!! Love you much,
Mom

Harris Family said...

looking good! It is hard work you are doing. You should be proud of yourself. The baby just turned 9 months- so that means my 9 months of weight should have come off??!! haha- I'll give myself a little longer.

It is good to get the update on you!