Friday, May 8, 2009

Week 4

I think the word for the week is pride. Pride is what holds me back and this week I ate a big slice of humble pie. When I started this program I thought that the odds were in my favor. I am the second youngest person in the class, I'm already excercising regularly, and I know all there is to know about health, right? WRONG. Come out of the clouds Carrie and face the reality that is your weight. I didn't lose anything this week and its because I became prideful and thought that I knew it all. Apparently I think I'm smarter than the Dr. will someone please hand me my degree?

I did have an excellent class last night on accepting change. We wrote down all the Positive things that were to come with this and some of the negatives. The only negative that I could think of was that I am uncomfortable when my food habits change. Why is that. I am an adaptable human being. I can change jobs without being nervous, I can go to a movie by myself, I can move to a different State and make the best of it, but why oh why is it that when you start messing around with my food habits things become so unfamiliar. With all the change I welcome in my life food is the one that always comes with a fight.

This week I am embracing change and admitting that I don't know everything. Maybe these classes are helping after all.

Only 15 more weeks to go!

5 comments:

Mom Johnson said...

Congratulations!! You found that out about 20 years before I did. You'll do it! Just relax and cut yourself some slack--I know how determined you are or you couldn't have done the things you have.Count all your blessings instead of your shortcomings--believe me those blessings will tip the scale! Love you,
Mom

nataliejustin said...

Carrie you're awesome! I hope you don't mind that i'm reading your blog. I can use some inspiration. You're a tuff chick!

Ryan and Jen Johnson said...

Humble Pie - bad for the taste but good for the soul. The important thing is not whether you are perfect each week, but that you never, never give up. Always, always rebound from a bad week. Your deep desire to change will push you (like it did this week) reevaluate your situation and force you to come up solutions to fix your problems, your way, on your time. Just keep your eye fixed on the prize...and pray a lot - no, pray a ton. You're the best Carrie!!!

Angela and Tyler said...

Ok, so 15 more weeks to go. Keep trying, like Ryan and Jen say don't give up! We are here supporting you all the way. Just when I think I know all that is good for me, alas, I am humbled - I hate it! (but it s good for us)

. said...

I eat humble pie quite a bit, it taste kind of bitter:) I am always a better and stronger person after the experience though. You are doing great Carrie, we are so proud of you. Millissa