Sunday, March 1, 2009

"I Call Do Over"

I think there is always a time where you need to recommit to the goals that you have set for yourself. Today I have tried to get myself in the mind set of a re-commitment to my goals. Not that I did horrible this past week, but I was losing sight of the task at hand.
So as much as I try to prepare myself for the weeks Dustin is off, I am never fully prepared. I start out the week having a heart to heart with Dustin saying "I don't want you to treat this week like a vacation", and " We are not going out to dinner, I mean it!", but best of all is the line I hear from Dustin, "sure I'll go to the gym at 4:30 in the morning on my day off". What happens? 4:30 rolls around and I want to stay in my warm bed with my snoring husband. Now, I didn't do bad, I went 4 times, but the hard part is that Dustin actually takes me seriously when I say that we're not going out to eat. Then when I suggest it he gives me the look like, hey, you told me we're not going out this week, but ok whatever you like. This is not great for my moments of weakness. Then I think, I can have salmon, or a salad, or a more healthy choice, but then I look at the menu and anything fried and smothered in cheese seems way more pleasing. Then I go home and feel bloated and overstuffed, you know, the regret sets in.
Needless to say that my weight did not move this week. 259 lbs. Frustration sets in and I think back over the week and analyze where I went wrong? I could blame Dustin for not kicking me out of bed some of those mornings, or even get upset with him that he said ok to going out to dinner when I told him very adamantly that it was not on the agenda. It just felt like one of those weeks that you feel like you didn't do anything right, you throw yourself a pity party and blame other people for your failings.
Oh wait......I am responsible for me?..........and my actions?..........and only I can choose my attitude?........huh. Well then, I choose to recommit myself and not lose sight of my goals. I'm making this journey for myself and for my future.
This week I am recommitting myself and to top it off, I agreed to do a 5K with a friend this summer. I am excited about this new venture, and I can't wait to start working my way towards this exciting step in my life!
One thing I do need this week for a boost is a comment! It does not need to be grandiose or anything big just a "hey I read your blog this week" . It helps to see how many people read this. It is very motivating to see that people are interested in what you are doing in your lives! I love to read the support of the awesome people in my life!

8 comments:

Angela and Tyler said...

Very inspiring blog entry this week Carrie - helps us both to realize our goals, and recommit to our goals and what we want to do with our lives. DONT get discouraged, just like you say in your post. Keep pushing and we read your blog this week:)

Tyler (& Angela)

Mary said...

I'm glad you finally posted. Shauna, Kristine and I all commented that we missed your weekly post. You see, we look forward to hearing about your progress each week. Carrie, YOU can do it!.

I say FORGET last week. It's OK to call a do over. You know the old saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." Well, go for it. Recommit. Move on. I keep saying, "YOU can do it." I really mean it.

Love ya.

Journaling said...

carrie..you are quite inspiring! were did you guys go out to eat?! So why don't you put a traffic feed thingie on your blog..then if somebody doesn't leave a comment you can tell kinda who's checking it out?! Just an idea...have a great week at workie!

Shauna said...

Hey I read your blog!

Shauna said...

Ok I am just kidding! You are doing great Carrie! Keep plucking away and it will be worth it. I love to read your blog it is very entertaining. As a side note Chandler and I went to a play the other day and there was a girl that laughed at everything. About half way through he said that girl laughs just like Carrie, do you think it is her. We actually started to get a bigger kick out of her than the play. We love ya and miss you and can't wait to see you soon!

Mom Johnson said...

Hey, your post this week sounds like the story of my life. But, you have your head on straight. Maybe you need to get gall stones, or a kidney stone, Jen can hardly eat anything. I've been a slug since my teeth--woe is me!! I'm getting on the wagon as soon as I get back from Phoenix. (Famous last words) I'm right there with ya--keep it up, I love you!
Mom

. said...

Keep going Carrie, you can do it. You did go to the gym 4 times last week,that is still very good!!! There is nothing wrong with recommitting, it is better then just giving up all together. Love ya keep going. Millissa

Elle and Saige's Nana said...

I know my weight just kinda snacked up on me! Week...smeek you are awesome!