Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sweet Success!

This was a great week! I think that the recommitment really paid off. I had some tough obstacles to hurdle.
I had another fun insurance meeting that I had to sit through with doughnuts for breakfast, twix's for snacks and Johnny Carino's cheese stuffed pasta for lunch. This time I planned ahead and brought my own lunch of chicken breast, carrots and an orange. I didn't eat one of the candies on the table and it was easy to say no to the lunch because I had brought my own.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I read about diet and health it seems to keep me on track. I started to read the book "Eat Clean Diet" (I got the idea from my friend Shalee on facebook, thanks Sha!) The first 3 days were the worst! Getting use to eating fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats were rough. The foods you eat are all non-processed whole foods. Its nothing that I didn't already know but a good refresher. By day four I was feeling good and felling the effects on the body with a healthy diet. I lost 4 lbs this week! I feel awesome which is great incentive to keep it up! I now weigh 255!

6 comments:

Mom Johnson said...

YIPEE!!!! Way to go--you must feel great about yourself and I know we are all certainly proud of you. Everyone's over for dinner and we read it together. There was a collective "wow" when I read 4 lbs! You're doing great--I love you!
Mom

the johnsons said...

Yeah Carrie!!! Good job for planning ahead and packing your own lunch,that takes a lot of will power. Keep going your doing great. Love Millissa

Harris Family said...

Carrie- you are awesome! I love checking in on your life. Everyone falls off the wagon- but it is just getting back on. I love it when I am at the gym it feels so good to have gone- so why does my body and mind tell me not to go in my moment of weaknes??!! It is hard but worth it. Dustin is a cutie- it seems like you are both really happy- hope Colorado is treating you well.

Harris Family said...

PS-- do you remember when we worked at Kara and we didnt want to eat the chocolate and I brought those zucchini slices from my moms garden with me after we worked out at Bobby Lawrence- How did we do that? fun times!

Angela and Tyler said...

Oh my gosh, way to GO! Mother Carolyn read your blog to us aloud at Sunday dinner and when we heard four POUNDS, we were all so excited. You should be VERY proud of yourself, and that gives you the motivation to keep going. AND I think you should now post another picture.

Angela

Happy-Hardings said...

Hey Carrie, awesome job. I am slowly losing my commitment, I am so sick of cutting up things instead of reaching into a bag or box. Reading your blog helps me. Love, Christa