Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thank you Oprah!

So I was watching my DVR'd daily Oprah show on Thursday and it gave me a great tip on how to gag down your daily oatmeal in the morning.........APPLE JUICE! Wow, what an eye opener! I bought the Simply Apple juice that is 100% apples and added a cup of juice instead of water to my oatmeal and vwalaw, delicious non cardboard tasting oatmeal! Add a little cinnamon and man it makes for a good breakfast.
So as if there aren't enough reasons already to lose weight Dustin added one more this week. He decided that for our "corporate vacation" we are going on a carnival cruise to the Bahama's next February. I am really excited and I want to be able to experience my vacation to the fullest, so just one more thing to put in the back of my mind while on the treadmill.
I lost 1 lb this week, and I feel awesome! I can't explain the feeling I get when I know that I am trying to better my life and seeing results. This has been such hard work so far and I am so excited about the changes I'm already seeing! I now weigh 254 lbs.! I will post another pic next week.

5 comments:

Mom Johnson said...

I made a comment yesterday, but I don't know where it went--just that I like oatmeal, but I'm going to try your idea. Way to go--another pound down. You're awesome, amazing, and wonderful--of course you always were!! I love you,
Mom

Angela and Tyler said...

Carrie, way to go, now I will have to make a facebook account so I can be as cool as you guys! The apple juice sounds way good. I can't wait to see you guys, keep up the good work, and keep imagining yourself in the sun! Love ya -

Ryan and Jen Johnson said...

Carrie, I have not been on for a while because of the move and all the other junk that happened. So, I just checked today and you are doing awesome!!! We miss you guys! And, as for oatmeal, if you like blueberries, I always add frozen blueberries when it is hot and the hot oatmeal thaws them and it tastes nummy. But, I like blueberries, if you don't like them, then don't try my idea:) I think I want to go on your "corporate vacation" with you! I will let Ryan know he has kid duty that week.

Mary said...

I'm a little slow making a comment, but I love reading your blog each week. It's like waiting for my favorite weekly TV show. Apple juice instead of water?? Humm. I guess I'm a purest, because I just love oatmeal the way it is. Sometimes I add a few raisins, but most of the time I just shake a little Equal on top. I know, boring.

Airport story: I was standing next to a guy in the Orlando airport security line and he began to talk, talk, talk. I guess I looked like someone who'd listen. When we started picking up our stuff, he said, "Oh, just one more thing. I've lost 187 pounds and I only have 50 pounds to go. Would you like to see a picture?" I'll admit that I was impressed. but... My advice: When you get to your desired weight, go ahead and tell everyone on the block about your achievement -- but skip telling people in airport security lines!

. said...

You are a brave girl for eating oatmeal. Keep up the great work. Millissa