Sunday, February 1, 2009

One Month Down!

Yes!!!! It has been 1 month since I started my venture. Do I feel better? Yes. Has this been a rough month? Yes. Do I hate asking my own questions and feeling like I'm talking to myself? Definitely. This week my body decide to throw me off a little and lose 2 lbs. I am now 262. The gym is a wonderful thing, it you don't work out I highly suggest it. There is nothing like the end of a workout, I wish I could keep that feeling all day long. It is great when the people at the front desk know who you are and you start to feel the bond with the people who are with you at 5:00 am come rain or shine. A surprising twist: Dustin accompanied me two times to the gym, and not begrudgingly!
So I 'm sure everyone has those goals that start to fizzle and then something happens that makes you go, "oh yea, that's why I'm doing this". I had one of those weeks.
Dustin and I recently applied for Life Insurance. After asking all the really embarrassing questions, height, weight and what not, there is the time where it is a waiting game. This week I got the test results back and they were less than desirable. Now, I'm no dummy, I knew that my results would not be wonderful. I know my ideal body weight for my height, I knew this was not going to be good. Table 4. I know this doesn't make sense to everyone, but a table 4 is not good! I mine as well be a 60 year old smoker. I called our Life center because I am new to life insurance and I wanted to make sure I knew exactly why I was a table 4 so that if I was ever in a situation with a client I knew what was going on. Poor Elizabeth. You could tell she knew exactly why i had been classified a table 4 and that she was trying to break the news to me as lightly as she could. Finally I said "Look, Elizabeth, I know I am not the ideal body type for super preferred, or even preferred for that matter, I only want to now the exact process so that it can help me with my job". She eased after I told her this and it made the rest of the conversation much easier.
Just another reminder why I am doing this, a long and healthy life.
Now, to all that are reading my blog, here is a little chewing out! Please LEAVE A COMMENT! You have no idea how much I look forward to them. These do help fuel me daily, and I promise I read them more than once. And of course, thank you to all who leave comments they have been so helpful! Here's to another great week!

8 comments:

Mom Johnson said...

Please let me be the first!!! No. 1--you are an incredible writer with great voice! Who knew?! I love reading it, and again I say--take 2 lbs. of hamburger and put it out on your counter top and then tell me that's not a heck of a lot to lose! No. 2--Believe me, I know how hard it is and you are amazing. I've loved you always, but especially for the strong woman you have become. Keep it up--we're all behind you.

Mom Johnson said...

Hi, Carrie--Did you get my recipe? You know, the one for Pasta Fagioli. I'm proud of you--2 lbs. is great, in 4 more weeks that's 8 more lbs.! They come off slow but it's worth it--don't be discouraged--you sound happy--that's a plus. Have a great week--keep Dustin going! Love you, Gramma Watters

. said...

WAY TO GO CARRIE!!!! I think you are amazing. Keep it up. Hope you have a great week, keep working hard. Love ya Millissa

Mary said...

Carrie, you're doing this for the right reasons. It will be worth it. It will be worth it. I look forward to reading about your progress each week and I'll leave comment after comment if it would provide the inspiration you need. But, it's not my comments or anyone's comments that are inspiring, it's you! It's Carrie Seals that is truly amazing. YOU CAN DO IT!

Vocabdiva said...

CARRIE!
I am LOVING reading your blog, and I decided to leave you a comment (which I NEVER do--I read everybody's but never say a word). You really do have a wonderful, fresh and funny voice--writing about a tough topic with candor and wit. I love your strength and determination: YOU CAN DO THIS. I don't care what the insurance tables say... you've always been "super preferred" to me!

Angela and Tyler said...

Great job on the two pounds! I worked out last week and I can relate with "that feeling"! One feels so accomplished, keep that feeling with you to keep going - don't stop! We love you and miss you tons. Keep visualizing where you want to be, and you will get there.

Happy-Hardings said...

Hi Carrie, I think you are doing great. I am trying to lose weight too, funny how it sneaks up on ya. You are amazing for getting up that early, I couldn't. Resisting treats when they are so available is the hardest thing. Love hearing about you!

Elle and Saige's Nana said...

Carrie Girlfriend...you ROCK! You know I have always been in your corner! I'm so glad I finally found your blog. I know...my ideal weight is on my driver's license. Keep going! You'll make it!
Love ya
Elle and Saige's Nana