Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am thankful this week and this is why.......

So this week I had another 1 lb loss, and I am thankful for that! This week was Dustin's 32nd birthday. I love my husband sooooooooo much and he is supportive of all the ventures I go on. So, on the 21st when I was getting ready for his birthday I decided I would break tradition this year and go to safeway and get him an individual piece of cake so I wouldn't have to eat any. After telling one of my co-workers this plan she said "you can't buy him a peice of cake it's tradition that you make him one!" After feeling the guilt trip of how I love my husband so much and I should bake him a homemade cake with love, I went to the store and bought the ingredients to make him a delicious birthday cake. He loved it and ate about a third of the pan of cake. I thought to myself you can stay away from the cake for a day while he's at work. I had an insurance class that I was attending the next day and if any of you have ever been to a sales meeting you know that they put all sorts of candy (valentines day candy, the best!) in front with your name tag and they think that all this candy is suppose to halp you stay awake and pay attention. The only thing it did for me is think about how I was not going to give into the temptaion of the candy through the whole meeting. I hope nobody asks me to recap that meeting, because I'm pretty sure I could only rattle out every type of candy that was sitting in front of me. Next, came lunch, pizza.......awesome (sarcastic). Who planned this meeting? So I tried to find the two smallest slices of pizza and ate those, even though I wanted to take a box back to my seat and pig out. Then came the clincher, we got done early, around 2:15, and I made my way home feeling good about all the temptation I had bypassed. I walked into my house and there it was......... the biggest enemy of all........ the birthday cake from hell. A girl can only take so much. I pulled out a fork and set up shop in front of that badboy. I ate about a third of that pan of cake and felt a little ill. After drinking a gallon of water to help flush the sugar through my viens, I looked at the damage I had done to that cake and vowed that I am going to have to find another tradition for my beloved husband. Any suggestions?
Anyway, that is why I am thankful for my 1 lb loss, which now makes me 264 lbs. After this weeks craziness I am thankful to have lost anything. I realize everyone has weak moments and as long as you try again the next day you can move past them. Progress not perfection!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I want to know who invented the "you have to celebrate with food" rule...or who said everyone had to have an ooey gooey yummy birthday cake? Couldn't we all just light a carrot stuck in a bowl of broccoli? That would be colorful and soooo healthy! Yum!

Your last sentence is awesome! You can do it!

P.S. Happy Birthday Dustin!

Shauna said...

Let's see..what would be a suggestion to avoid the cake! This is what I did yesterday, Paul got a cheesecake from someone he works with. I love cheesecake and he hates it, I knew that I would be the only one eating the cake. He was leaving for a meeting right then so I told him to take it with him. He did and the temptation gone! I also throw things in the garbage really fast before they get to be a temptation. I have thrown away jars of jelly bellies before (I know insane! but sometimes you have to make drastic measures) or I suggest making a kind of dessert that you don't like. Keep it up Carrie! I love you tons!