Sunday, January 11, 2009

What a Great First Week!!!!

So I just want to say that I am so blessed with such a supportive family and great friends. I loved to read all the great comments and they really helped gear me up!

This week was great! My weight this week is 266! Five pounds down! Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points. One of the great things about eating the foods that fuel is your craving level. After 3 days of eating fruits and vegetables, exercising, and drinking plenty of water, it was easier to say no to the cravings that snuck up. Working out was a challenge, on Monday when I walked out of my house @4:45 it was 3 degrees!

I found some great recipe's online on cooks.com. My recipe of the week is easy sweet and sour chicken:

6 chicken breasts
8 oz. apricot preserves
1 bottle Russian dressing
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

Mix together the last 3 ingredients. Place chicken in casserole and pour over chicken. Cook, covered at 350 degrees for 2 hours.

Serve it over brown rice and it is amazing! It is also low in fat.

I will post a picture as soon as I get a new cord for my camera.

Okay, so on to different things, because this blog is not just for weight loss, but also for things that are going on in me and Dustin's life. So I finally finished all of my licensing with Statefarm and this week I am proud to say that I did my own auto application all by myself!!! I know this doesn't really make sense to everyone, but the application is a real process that takes getting use to and it takes some time to be able to do one yourself. This job has been a learning process from the beginning since it is unlike any other job I've ever had. Everyday it feels like I learn something new and making mistakes has been something that I have to take in stride. I am used to knowing my job and correcting other people's mistakes and now I'm at the bottom trying to learn a lot of information. I'm staying positive it will not always be like this. Even my worst days in insurance is better than retail.

5 comments:

. said...

Way to go on the auto insurance thing you did all by yourself!!! We have had that chicken before, It is very good and VERY easy to make. Congratulations on your first week! Wow 4:45 in the morning. Millissa

Mom Johnson said...

Wow!! Fabulous, Carrie! After coming back from Arizona I went to the gym and went back to weights for the first time in a few months--can't even fix my hair I'm so stiff!! I can relate to the 4:45--you're amazing--you can be proud of yourself--can't wait for the picture.

Mary said...

Keep on pumping! Keeping on pumping! YOU CAN DO IT! You're awesome for making this so public!

Insurance! Heck, I don't know a thing about it!

Carolyn Hansen said...

You are inspiring! Keep up the good work. :)

. said...

Carrie Seals you're my hero

(voice of Cameron to Ferris Buller)