Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bring in the new year with a blog!

Holy cow, who new starting a blog would only take less than five minutes! Now if I could only figure out how to get my pictures on it. My computer is ancient by the way.


So I figure that with a new year, it was a good time to get into blogging. The new year brings in a lot of those pesky new years resolutions, and yes, I will be with everyone tomorrow morning at the gym to work off the holiday food. My goal is to be one of the gym goers that actually keeps going in February. That is one of the reasons I have started this blog because I want to try and track my journey this coming year. This year is going to start out like every year, I make a goal to lose weight and I'm going to do really well for the first 16 pounds. But then I get stressed or I get lazy and don't plan, or I go on vacation and indulge, because that is what you are suppose to do on vaca.......right? Not this year. This is where this new blog comes in. My new years resolution is to document my weight loss, and not just in a private journal so only I can see. I want to be held accountable for my actions and I want everyone who visits my blog to know my successes and my not so successes (no matter how embarrassing!). Most of all, I need support. I will update this blog every sunday and let you know where I am. Yes, I will be letting you know exactly how much I weigh. Comments are greatly appreciated and words of encouragment are needed. I will also post a picture of myself every week to track the weight loss (don't worry I will be fully clothed!).


So what does everyone think? Sound like a plan? I hope that I can count on everyones support and I hope everyone is having a great start to their new year!

3 comments:

Mary said...

You Go Girl!! You CAN do it. One of my favorite shows is The Biggest Loser. If they can do it, YOU can do it. But, remember, we love to read about ALL of your other doings too.

Mom Johnson said...

Did this work?

Mom Johnson said...

Yipee!! I've been trying to post comments forever and couldn't match my password with email--whatever! Good for you Carrie! I'll be watching--I love you and am proud of you either way.
Mom