Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fun With Food Storage

So I had a productive Saturday. My wonderful friend Teralyn asked me over to make homemade granola (which I have never made). It was fun and tasty. Check out this sealing contraption that Teralyn borrowed from her ward. This thing was serious, keep you hands and arms inside the ride at all times. You can't see it but there is a pedal on the floor that when you press it with your foot the sealer slams down on bag and heats it to seal it shut. It was a pretty scary machine, but me and Teralyn had fun doing food storage and now I have granola and potato flakes for a few years. This year I also vow to learn how to can peaches and such. More pictures to come!





2 comments:

Mom Johnson said...

WOW! Look at you becoming a domestic goddess! Good for you--trust me, peaches are not hard.

. said...

My sis rocks... and dustin I love you too.