Sunday, May 1, 2011

A little SPRING in my step!

I love this time of year, and I can't believe it's already May! My goal this year was to get in at least 1 post per month to update what is going on in the Seals household. This month has been filled with traveling, trying to revive dead grass, and a lot of firsts for our little Hanna Bear!

At the beginning of this month Hanna, Dustin and I got to go to Utah to visit Gramma for the first time since Christmas! Hanna had so much fun spending time with Gramma and Dustin and I got a few precious moments to ourselves (thanks mom!). We got to go to a Jazz game and rode on Trax for the first time (I know that is lame, but we had fun!). We also got to visit Dustin's long time friends Jared and Jill Bumgardner, and I got to see Dustin act giddy as a school girl while him and Jared hugged a jumped around (it's been about 4 years since we've seen them). We got to chill at Grandpa Johnson's house, and have some fun talk time with the fam. Did I mention I forgot to bring my camera, so I didn't get to capture any of these precious moments :( On our way home we got to stop for the day at Grandma and Grandpa Beighley's to spend time with Dustin's family and try to prepare a little for Easter. What a fun and crazy home that is!

We came home from Utah and it was back to the daily grind, and dead grass. We haven't really spent a whole lot of time on our yard since we moved to this house and it shows. Growing up in a home where the yard won the beautification award twice, my dad would be so ashamed of the yard right now! Also, I now have a fear of mowing the lawn because my dad was so particular, I thought there has to be something really crazy about the lawn. Come to find that my dad really enjoyed mowing the lawn unlike most people who think its a chore. Haha! So this is the "to do" for the next summer is to try and make something out of this yard we have. Right now we are searching for some trees so that our poor western exposed lawn can get some much needed shade. Also, we need to find some bushes or flowers to plant in our "flower bed" that won't die in the sun. I will post pictures and keep this updated, maybe that will force me to make it beautiful!

Here is how nasty it looks right now:



On the Hanna front, she is growing like crazy and it seems that she is learning new things everyday! She just started eating solids and so far she really likes carrots, apples, pears, and apple flavored rice cereal. She has gained 2 pounds since March and she is finally starting to get a healthy appetite. We were starting to wonder who her "real" parents were. She rolls everywhere and is sitting up really well. She also babbles like crazy and has the funniest scream. Funny thing: out of the blue she started taking a pacifier....weird? But it has been a life saver come nap time and bed time. She is finally taking 1-2 hour naps, thank goodness! She'll even cuddle with me a little now that she has a pacifier, and she fell asleep in church which NEVER happens. She is definitely her daddy's girl, she can't sit still just like Dustin.

Here is Hanna rolling over in her crib, I thought it was funny and cute!


Hanna after a jar of sweet potatoes. I think I need to get a little better with the delivery of food!


Hanna also had her very first Easter. How fun it was to find a cute little dress to dress her up with! I even made a bow to go in her hair. Hopefully, the first little craft that will lead to many more!

My adorable little Hanna bear:


Here's a close-up of the bow:


And lastly for the month of April, we just got in on Bountiful Basket's. Which thanks to my friend Vanessa, now comes to Grand Junction. I just got my first haul of fruits and Vegetables yesterday and they were so pretty I had to take a picture.


Hopefully May will be just as eventful in the best way!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice post! Visiting family is so fun. Hanna is darling, as usual. And I'm jealous about the bountiful baskets! I totally meant to sign up, but it was only available on one day and that happened to be the day I was taking my mom to the Salt Lake airport and then driving with Mikey from Salt Lake back to GJ. Needless to say, a long day and I totally forgot to get on the computer and put my order in. Grr. Well there's always next time, huh?

Kes said...

LOVE bountiful baskets!!!

And you must produce more children, SO BEAUTIFUL!:-)

Mary said...

So glad that you are blogging. I love reading what's up in your life and seeing your beautiful Hanna grow. I keep thinking I'm going to get back to blogging, but don't seem to head in that direction. I'd like to know more about the bountiful baskets.

Carrie said...

Mary you should start blogging again! I loved reading all that you had to say, and it made me laugh! You can google bountiful baskets and see if there is one participating in your zip code, it is awesome!

Unknown said...

Very interesting picture and thanks for share. I want you to visit the link below to get some useful info like sky contact number