Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Eulogy for Carbonation.

Goodbye dear friend you will be missed, all the lovely tin cans that I have kissed.  You quench my thirst on hot day, but the next days exercise I will surely pay.   You woke me up when I was tired, sometimes at night you made me wired. This is my very fond farewell, I'll break the chains of addiction hell.  

I know, I know, how many times have I tried to quit caffeine and carbonation?  More than I can count with all fingers and toes, but alas, I must continue trying.  I have been food journaling for the last couple of weeks and I figure it does no good to go to Subway and get a 32 oz. Dr. Pepper.  Do you know how long I have to run to work off those fabulous 400 calories that are in that soda?  I don't even want to say it, it makes me tired!

Great news this week, I have been consistently going to the gym and I even went and played Tennis on Tuesday night.  I truly suck at tennis, but I had a lot of fun sucking, and my arm is sore which means I did some good for myself, physically at least.   Me and a couple of my friends are thinking of making it a weekly effort and I am excited to get outdoors and keep myself busy.  

I'm sure many of you are wondering about optifast.  I have taken a hiatus and have not been attending my classes.  I am burned out on optifast, it helped me shed 30 pounds and that is nothing to scoff at.  It has helped me gain some good eating habits and going to the classes have helped immensely.  I still do the shakes throughout the day, but let's be honest a liquid diet is not very feasible .  Dustin made a comment the other day to the extent of "do you think they might be angry because your bringing down there average weight loss?"  this was meant to be funny and we both had a good belly laugh.  I've had a rough couple of months and I have been losing small amounts of weight, but I can lose small amounts of weight on my own.  Anyway, the point is that I still have weight goals and I am still working towards them.  I am still planning on sharing the experience, good or bad, every week.  Thank you for the support to anyone who reads this blog, you have no idea how much support you lend to me.  Everyday is a struggle when you have had a never ending goal that seems to be the only goal you have a hard time conquering.  It is good to know that there are people helping you along the journey! 

5 comments:

Shauna said...

First I love the new blog look! Second, I am proud of you Carrie and I am so proud of your determination. Going off carbonation is not that bad, I promise. It was hard at first and Walker's was always calling my name as I drove by. I found the cure to be crystal light to go in my water bottle. Give it a try! Keep it up and remember your favorite cousin Shauna loves you very much!

Mary said...

I gave up all sodas in 2002. Hooray for me! I say, Hooray for me! I have to say that, since no one else will. OK, I'm not perfect because I have 4 or 5 sodas a year (when I'm REALLY thirsty and there's nothing else around), but I always have water with my food and stay away from the SODA. Moral of the story: Soda tastes yucky to me now. So wait 7 years and you'll be cured!!!

Love ya...and don't give up.

Mom Johnson said...

Great thoughts on carbonation!! I too gave it up and have returned, but renewed my vow this week. Let's see how we do it together, shall we? Love you lots, don't give up--it's day by day, sometimes hour by hour, but I know you are incredible! You need to write a book--seriously!
Love you,
Mom

Fries Family said...

I could not be happier. The thought of a liquid diet makes me cringe. I eat 6 meals a day. I would die on a liquid diet. However, I know it was good in it's time. Lbs lost is wonderful no matter how much it is.

Ryan and Jen Johnson said...

I bet our chocolate torte could become part of your liquid diet. Just put it in a blender and I bet you could drink it! OK, that was not very supportive. I won't send you the recipe, that is being supportive:)