Sunday, August 9, 2009

Do you hear that?

Do you hear that........it sounds like a spark..........no, a fire.......that's been lit under my butt?  I just had a moment that I am going to ride out.  I cannot say the event that started this fire, but I am glad that it happened.  Shame on me for losing my focus, and forgetting to keep my eye on the prize. I am looking forward to the gym tomorrow, so much that I am a little excited.  I can't be to hard on myself, I have accomplished the goals that I have made for myself the last two weeks.  I laid off the carbonation and exercised regularly, but I can't help but think that I am moving backwards.  I have gotten more active in my life.  I play tennis every Wednesday and I volunteered to assistant coach a girls softball team with a friend.  Why is it that I can't find balance between exercise and food?  I can do one or the other, but never both at the same time.  
Wish me luck this week, and pray that the fire stays blazing.  

3 comments:

Mary said...

I was wondering what had happened to you since your posts were not too regular. Glad you updated your determination. Wait! I think I can really hear the sizzle. Burn baby, burn!

Mom Johnson said...

I wondered what that forest fire smell was coming through my window last night! Struck by lightning? Wow--Hey, glad you're back--let me know when you find that balance and what works. Keeping focus is the key.
Love you,
Mom

Mary said...

Where is Carrie?