Sunday, September 13, 2009

One Woman Show!

It's a lot easier to start a new lifestyle of eating when the rest of your life is running the way it normally does.  I didn't plan to have the week I had this past week.  I know, every time you try to make a change for the good, there always has to be something to throw a wrench in it.  I did make very good decisions with my eating, but I stayed the same when I weighed in today. I'm not complaining, but it does show that even though you are eating less, that doesn't always equal weight loss.

My work has been a roller coaster ride this last month, and to top it all off I am now pretty much alone in the office.  My insurance agency has the largest clientele in Grand Junction.  Over 5000 in the book of business.  The office usually runs with 4 full-time fully licensed staff members.  Right now it is just little old me.  On Friday I felt like the phone was surgically sewn to my ear for 5 hours.  It took me 3 1/2 hours to finish my lunch, at my desk, in between talking with clients.  Every time I would get off of the phone with one person, I would be given 3 more messages.  Not to mention the emails that I been neglecting.  

The point is that no matter how hard I tried to plan to eat right, the time was not there during the day.  When I went home at night I was so mentally tired that I sat and did nothing.  I only went to the gym twice.  This next week will be exactly like last week and so I need to make goals and commitments today so that I can plan for the whole week to be running to catch up.  
I'm going to start eating breakfast at home.  I've been eating it at work normally, but lately haven't had time to eat until like 10 or 11.....not good.  I'm going to go to bed at a decent hour, and get up to go to the gym everyday.  This can only help to handle the stress.  And last I will pack my lunch the night before so that I have the time to plan it.  I feel much better when I've made some achievable goals.  Bring on this next week!  

No comments: