Friday, June 12, 2009

Week 8 & 9

I am going to go ahead and pronounce these last couple of weeks a success because of a 2 lb weight loss, and here's why:

1. It was my 30th birthday on May 30th and after a bout of depression over turning the big 3-0 I gorged myself on Sushi and birthday cake. I got many positive messages about thirty being the new 20 and that your 30's will be the best decade thus far, but I'm not buying it. Especially when the only people I know who are in there 30's are Dustin, and People who live in Utah. All my Grand Junctionite buddies are still enjoying their youthful 20's. My movie buddy is 19! Let's just say that if she invites even one of her friends to go to the movie's with us I feel like a chaperon!

2. Had a fabulous girls weekend in Arizona. What Supportive Sisters-in-law I have! Millissa went walking with me everyday, and Jen made sure to not have any junk in the house. I even made an absolutely under no circumstances could we go to an Italian restaurant law, and everyone stuck to it. (Pasta is my downfall!)

3. Homemade chocolate tort. nuff said.

After a thoroughly inspiring behavioral class last night, I am once again recommitting myself to the shakes and nutrition bars. I want so badly to have another 5 pound loss and I know it will happen if I stick to the plan.

10 more weeks to go!

3 comments:

. said...

I thought you did really good Carrie. Way to go on the 2 pounds!!! Millissa

Journaling said...

Good job...its fun to check you out everytime you come around..lookin' good! and ahem...aren't you suppose to be working? :)

Angela and Tyler said...

Um isn't sneaking and hiding the doritos supportive, oh it's not, sorry bout that! That darned chocolate torte at least you didn't finish Millissa's like I did...love ya way to go!